The policy group as just created a new vote on “DRP – minor changes, excluding controversial issues” https://wiki.cacert.org/PolicyDecisions#p20121213
After one year of no activity on the policy side we are back in to business again.
If you want to follow the actual discussion just visit the archive on https://lists.cacert.org/wws/arc/cacert-policy.
The voting on the motion p20121213 is closed now.
The motion is CARRIED with an overwhelming consensus of 30:0.
Thank you all for participating!
Merry Christmas and a happy new year to everyone!
- 2010-03-30 New Roots task force offers SHA2 based roots/end user certificates for testing
- 2010-03-30 Software-Assessment Project telco 2010-03-30
- GIT as the future Software Assessment repository passed test successful
- Testserver needs Testserver Management System, action plans triggered to start a deployment
- 2010-03-27 Walter Güldenberg appointed as Events Team Leader
- 2010-03-26 Sysadmin team works out way forward for SNI, client certificate authentication and SSL renegotiation changes in browsers
- 2010-03-26 Security Policy – Board vetos Security Policy Draft regarding point 188.8.131.52. Coverage – Board sighting conflicts with CAcert incorporated rules
- 2010-03-25 Ongoing update of CAcert Officers list
- 2010-03-24 First ATE in 2010 season: ATE-Sydney with 6 co-Audited Assurances and addtl. 14 interested Attendees
- Discussions through email and irc about how to seed CAcert deserts. Plans for contacting Usergroups (existing IT related social networks)
- mostly, area has many old SuperAssurers that will have faded away
- 2010-03-21 Board Meeting 2010-03-21 “Determine Root escrow and recovery mechanism” review ends with no consensus
- 2010-03-18 Rasika Dayarathna, our Privacy Officer, resigned due to lack of time. Looking forward to rejoining us later.
- 2010-03-14 Boards Projects Overview Page started deployment
- with this page, Board and also Community can get a better overview over the running and upcoming projects regarding Audit
- currently active areas/projects:
- 2010-03-13 Board Members allowed to serve on arbitration team again
- 2010-03-06 Daniel Black gets appointed as Infrastructure Team Leader
- 2010-03-06 Efficiency gain – Policy Officer empowered to perform minor adjustments to policy
- 2010-03-06 CeBIT 2010 Big Assurance Event successful passed after 5 days with a team of about 8 to 12 and more Assurers. CAcert was one of the 15 projects on the booth at the Open Source Project Lounge sponsored by Linux New Media.
- 2010-03-03 Co-Audited Assurances Program finalized and starts at CeBIT 2010
Contributions to this Community Update by: Ian, Daniel, Uli