July 2010 was full of activities. Two Board members resigned. New procedures for Assurers were updated. And the Software-Assessment Project reaches one milestone.
- 2010-07-20 Daniel resigns from Board, Infrastructure Team Lead, Systems Admin (various)
- 2010-07-17 PracticeOnNames updated with the NL country variation Arbitration ruling of a20090618.12. The ruling was written February this year, but had not been pushed out yet to the community. This presents a more relaxed rule: "Abbreviations on givennames are allowed under some circumstances" regarding Dutch givennames.
- 2010-07-16 Faster Support Actions on requests by Assurers and Users on Name Change cases, DoB changes after events
- In February this year, there was an interesting Arbitration case that relates to all assurers and members with name change and DoB problem requests. This Arbitration case a20100210.2 takes precedence if requested within 24 hours an error was made, or upto 7 days after a big event. As thus should allow to decrease the disputes queue, we need all the help from the community, that such errors are reported within the given timeframe. This is to simplify Support cases and to decrease the delay in Arbitration cases by reducing the cases in the queue. For details please read the Arbitration case a20100210.2 ruling.
- 2010-07-14 One Milestone in Software-Assessment-Project reached
Within the last week we’ve reached one milestone in our new Software-Assessment-Project. The team is working since November 2009 on a new Software Repository and a new Testserver. The Testserver needed a Testserver Mgmt System to set the environment for testing new Software and Patches for the Webdb system.
The long blocking factor was the Testserver Mgmt System. That is now installed and functional with basic functions:
- Increase Assurance Points (to start testing as Assurer)
- Setting special Flags (to start testing as i.e. Support-Engineer for SE patches)
The Testserver Mgmt System is buildt with the Zend Framework and is an addtl. instance on the Testserver.
The next step in deploying the new Software-Assessment Environment is to find the first Testers, who helps deploying the procedure on Documentation of current patches (see Software-Assessment: Current Tests)
The Software-Assessment-Project is an essential brick in the wall for the Audit as this blocks several Audit steps (Audit over Systems, CCA-Rollout, and others). An overview of the steps to an Audit-restart can be found on the Overview Projects Board Wiki page.
For further infos about the Software-Assessment-Project read Software-Assessment-Project Page
- 2010-07-10 Voting on Policy Group for p20100710 License root under Root Distribution License opened
- 2010-07-04 Ernestine resigns from Board and Treasurer
- 2010-07-03 Dominik George was appointed by board motion m20100625.1 to become Support-Engineer
Please keep yourself informed by continuously reading the Community Updates in the Wiki.