May 20th, CAcert has started the Software-Testers Reward Challenge 2011
2 reports were written by ‘alex’
1 report was written by ‘pseudomonas’
Despite the fact we’ve received several new bug reports (that do not count for the Software-Testers Reward Challenge, see the rules for Software-Testers Reward Challenge 2011), the two winners will receive the proposed reward:
- Alex -> 30 Euro
- Pseudomonas -> 15 Euro
Please contact our treasurer, that is Alexander Prinsier (email@example.com), to give him your paypal details, so the reward can be transfered to your account.
Why CAcert has started the Software-Testers Reward Challenge?
Software-Assessment is an audit related project. No working software update procedure means: audit fail.
So all we need is a working Software-Assessment team – We have.
But this is only half of the story. The Software-Assessment team relates to the software testteam. Despite the fact we have a software testteam, but the problem is: testteam is not working 🙁 so in the end, Software-Assessment stalls.
We have discussed this problem several times in the Software-Assessment project team meetings and escalated the problem to the board. Board decided with the board motion m20110515.4 to start a test balloon with the Software-Testers Reward Challenge limited for two months to find more active testers, as board identified this becomes a problem for a successful audit.
A second attempt we’ll try to start mid June at Barcamp Karlsruhe, with a Software-Testers workshop.
Next round has started … Join the testteam!
The June 2011 period has started. Now you have 3,5 weeks more to go.
All you have to do:
- Go to the Software-Testers Portal
- Read the notes to the published patches.
- Go over to the testserver and give it a try.
- Test the patches and report your test results to bugs.cacert.org (links given under Software-Testers Portal )
If you don’t have an account on the testserver yet, create an account.
instructions you’ll find here under the
- Software-Testers Welcome Pack (English) -or-
- Software-Testers Willkommenspaket (Deutsch)
- Also create an account under bugs.cacert.org. Instruction how to create an account under bugs you’ll find in the welcome pack too.