2010-03-06 CeBIT 2010 Big Assurance Event successful passed after 5 days with a team of about 8 to 12 and more Assurers. CAcert was one of the 15 projects on the booth at the Open Source Project Lounge sponsored by Linux New Media.
2010-03-03 Co-Audited Assurances Program finalized and starts at CeBIT 2010
Contributions to this Community Update by: Ian, Daniel, Uli
20100221 Markus Warg appointed to Software Assessment.
* He is now the 2nd team member in a new team that will be formed under the “Repository Project” by Andreas Bäß
* Also involved in this project is the Critical sysadmins team for building up the Servers and software for becoming testing and staging servers.
* Also to train the system recovery from scratch
* Also to prepare a proposed system upgrade
* These are the first results from the Software MiniTOP Essen Dec 16th 2009
20100221 UlrichSchroeter appointed as Assurance Officer
* Board accepts Sebastian’s resignation as Assurance team leader, and thank him for steering the ship over the last year. Sebastian remains on the Assurance team! Board appoints Ulrich as team leader, formally Assurance Officer within the meaning of the Assurance Policy.
20100221 Michael Tänzer appointed as Support Officer
* Board appointed Michael as support team leader and accepts Ian Grigg’s resignation as support team leader.
* (Formally, as Support Officer within Security Policy.)
“process of software review” ends with the motion: m20091220.2, propose 4 people, and to request ABCs
Support is proceeding to bring in Triage people. 3 ABCs have been completed. Michael Taenzer, Martin Schultze, Wolfgang Kasulke are now complete, so t/l-support will probably propose them for Support Engineer.
Arbitration: “That, given m20090811.1, and today’s informal information that some arbitrators are non-working, board requests an immediate update of the state and health of the Arbitration system from DRO, with a view to changing the roles and re-invigorating the process.”. Motion m20091220.3 carried
Update on Finance: No Annual General Meeting schedule yet (Update: Boardmeeting Jan 3th: AGM is at Jan 30th)
Root ceremony: In order to re-do this process, we have to do: planning, collection of the people, budget, hardware, and also to come up with a new concept for protection of the root. This latter is important, and the whole thing will need to be serious and documented for presentation to a new auditor.
The first new Support Engineer starts working in the Support Team, also new people on the Triage team. As working on the backlog of the support mailbox, about 15 new disputes upto now forwarded to the Arbitrations Team to a total of 53 init (23)/running (30) cases. Some diputes filed originaly Jun 2009, Sep 2009
Assurances Program: As of Board motion m20090912.1 and finaly m20090914.2 also the assurances of underaged people (u18) were ceased. A workaround is to follow the PoJAM (WIP) procedure, but a dispute filing is allways possible.
Policy group decide p20091108 to make IDNs available everyone with some restrictions to minimize homograph risks.
Or have you been doing something (together?) for the project and think it’s worth others should know about it?
Then don’t hesitate to post a short note and a link to the blog/mailing list post and wiki page there. 🙂